Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Artists Sites and Museums

Since this blog is a journal for myself, as well as others to critique or purchase my art, I am including some links to sites I like to visit. They help me keep informed as to what is going on in the art world being that I have two young children and find it very hard to get out into 'the scene'. Some of the sites reference artists and some are museums.

When I spent time in England I liked to visit the Tate Modern. In New York, I enjoy the Moma. Of course there are a host of small galleries that are great and maybe in the future I can add links to some of my favorite right now. As far as my home town, Richmond, Virginia. I have enjoyed visiting the Ada gallery, Petersburg Regional Art Center (formaly Shockoe Bottom Arts Center), Glen Allen Cultural Arts Center, and also cruising around VCU art school is always inspirational. Our Virginia Museum of Fine Art is always great. A much lesser know museum (although, in my opinion it should not be) is Agecroft Hall, a 16th century English Manor; facinating for history! An aside, the Muscarelle Museum in Williamsburg, Virginia is a very nice small museum.

Okay, sorry for the overload but it serves as my reference as well. Hope you enjoy some of the sites. Maybe it gives you a glimpse into where wmy interests lie and how they find their way into my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment