Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Lillies, 18"x36", acrylic on canvas, NFS

These images are from a show I had at the Glen Allen Cultural Art Center. I have a link to that site on the sidebar. I was interested in reinterpreting the Art Noveau style. I was also practicing with capturing texture and using glazing techniques. I have dabbled with faux art techniques and I tryed to incoprate what I was learning into some of these works. I am interested in period clothing and its patterns and textures.







Poppies, 18"x36", acrylic on canvas, NFS





Lottie and Friend, 24"x36", acrylic on canvas, belongs to Lottie Field



This is a painting of my grandmother and a friend, just out of college and about to take their first cruise together. I love the nostalgia of this piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment