Tuesday, May 08, 2007

MY NEWS

Well, I apologize for not posting in several days. I have been playing catch up on all the house chores and stuff and also not that invested in creating. It always seems when I am done with a piece I need some re-grouping time. I tend to envision my artwork before I plan it out on paper. That takes me some time and I am afraid I cant project my brain, so sorry. I am sure you wouldn't want to be in there anyway, too busy and loud!

So, I thought I would catch up on some painting skills and do some small still lifes or work on a traditional portrait of my neice but I cant really get energized so I am going to start the planning of my next piece "Girls". So here is an image of how I have liked to layout my sketches for these recent works. I like this style because they are small and quick but I can compare and add to them as I create more. I also included the fabrics and sometimes techniques and textures I might try.


INSPIRATION FOR THE DAY:
This is my older daughters work. We were experimenting with different techniques and materials. The color is what has stuck in my head. I am definately not usually a pink person but I am going to give it a shot on my "Girls".

No comments:

Post a Comment