Thursday, May 10, 2007

PLEATING

Ok, so I have to start again. I have come to terms with that now and am going to study and practice pleating. Here is a sight which is interesting as it shows the actual work; The Renaissance Tailor. I also tried dying some different fabrics to see what the resulting colors would be. One piece was pure white and one; an off-white (with yellow in it). As expected, once dyed, one had a very subtle yellow tone to it but both were very much cotton candy pink. I then added a darker dye to the pure white/cotton candy fabric and it came out a much deeper shade which will probably be more suitable.

I created a few sketches of patterns and dress making techniques I liked and am keeping a log of these things in a sketch book so I can return to them quickly It also gives me a better idea of the construction as I have to look at it very carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment