Monday, February 12, 2007

LEARNING NEW SKILLS




My five year old daughter has always enjoyed doing whatever it is that I am doing. Since a very young age she has had an interest in art as well. Here she is doing her own embroidered portrait. This has been very fun for me to see how her skills and art work have developed over time and also to track where my work has been an influence to hers. When she has worked on it a bit more I will post it...of course with her permission.

I am fascinated by how children learn and particularly how they learn art skills and 'vision'. I have some site that I like to visit that touch on this subject and others. I am sure there is tons of information out there but somehow I just cant seem to find the time to research all that I would like to know!




Visit:
Wikipedia gives a concise explanation of the Reggio Approch to education and also has a great list of books Wikiipedia on Reggio

The Carnegie Mellon University site also describes the Reggio work and gives great links: Carnegie Mellon University

For those of you very interested in children and art here is Prof. John Matthews site. His work is devoted to this matter: Prof. John Matthews on childrens' development of art and here is a link for Maureen Cox's book Children's Drawings. This is an interesting developmental book.

Have fun surfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment