Sunday, February 18, 2007

PLANNING YET ANOTHER WORK

This work will be a 12" x 12" quilted piece. It is following a challenge put forth from Quilted Arts magazine. You are supposed to think about a book that inspires you. Mine is; 'The Winters Tale' by Mark Helprin. I have mentioned him a few posts ago and you can click on past links to view what I had to say. If you have been following my progress (or digressions) you will notice that it is not the 'pink' plan. I have another larger piece in the works but I thought I would try out some specific quilting and needlework techniques before I embark on the larger work. Plus
the smaller format will give me a bit of a break.

For the image; think whites, snow, sparkle, lace and a painted portrait of a young girl. I will post my palette later.

No comments:

Post a Comment