Monday, June 18, 2007

GETTING TO THE FINISH

I wanted to include an image that indicates how this piece will be finished off. I am framing these "quilted portraits". I will probably change that up in the next piece but for now I am happy with it. The detail shot is of one of the vertical ribbons that runs from the top of the piece down to one of the girls. It is actually two ribbons sewed to the foundation fabric and then hand beaded up the middle of the ribbons. Sorry about the lighting...had trouble getting the detail because of the sheen. I haven't mastered this camera. I have a few minor details to do and then "Girls" will be almost finished!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this one up close. It's hard to get a feel for the detail in a flat photo. I already mentioned how cool the contrast is between the modern color and antique image, but each time I see it I'm struck by a contented feeling. Something about stoic children just begs to be put right.

    ReplyDelete