Saturday, October 27, 2007

JUDGEMENT DAY
Well, judging for Wearable Art was last night. It was really fun to go and see all the different outfits. There was a large variety and skill levels. It is interesting to see peoples interpretations of wearable art! Mine was very tame comparatively. I also did not spend enough time on it. My critique of my work would be that the back out shined the front. The pleated A-line skirt did not really jive with the front. The major critique would be that it was more wearable than art, really. That would be the aspect I would put more time into doing differently next time.There were some exceptionally thought out and constructed pieces. It made me realize that this might not really be my thing. I loved it and it was fun but I am not sure I want to spend my time creating an outfit? Just a question I have to ask myself being that I am always so time crunched.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi - that turned out so cool! Is the skirt for sale when you're done with it? I love the idea of wearing a canvas or two. I can't wait to see the whole thing in person so I can see the details on the shirt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete