Thursday, April 05, 2007

BACK TO WINTERSTALE

So here is the Winterstale quilt that I am finally getting back to. I am trying my hand at freehand machine stitching and am having a devil of a time working on tension. It is great practice though. I have double batting inside due to the fact that I have a layer of needlepoint fabric inside and had to conceal it.

I have double batting inside due to the fact that I have a layer of needlepoint fabric inside and had to conceal it.

You can also see the markings from the pen I used to mark it up. This will disappear after it is washed....one hopes!
After all this stitching I am thinking of doing a bit more embroidery and I am going to being doing a painting of a young girl and then stitching it on in trapunto. Tons to do but it is getting there.
This is a detail of some of the stitching and needlepoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment