Wednesday, April 04, 2007

MINI WINNIES

Well, for practice I made up a couple mini quilts for my girls. I tried different techniques on each quilt. On my first attempt I did not match up the squares just right. On this first one I tried stitching diagonally across the squares, intersecting at the middle and creating an "x" shape with the stitching.



On the second, I choose to practice some free stitching, meandering and spirals on some squares. In the middle I wanted to try my hand at stitching parellel lines. I like the effect of using these different techniques. It made this quilt much stiffer then the other. I have enjoyed seeing how the different stitching really changes the textural and visual quality of each quilt.



The last image is a detail of the parellel lines.



So you can see I am learning. The first photo show my lack of precision and the wobbly edges of the quilt. In the second you can still see some wobbliness but, improved. The parellel lines are not perfectly parellel but getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment