Thursday, April 19, 2007

FINISHING WINTERSTALE SOON

I dont know if I posted these already but anyway, here are some shots of another step of the process. Here you can see the free motion machine stitching. This was a challenge getting the tension right. I am pleased how the quilting has meshed with the needle work. At first it was a very thick 'sandwich' but after some quilting it became much easier to handle.


For help, I have used a text by Diane Gaudynski called, "A Guide to Machine Quilting" over and over again. I also like to visit her webpage, Diane Gaudynski. This site also gives a biography and other great information and inspirations. I saw the authors work at the Mid-Atlantic quilt show and greatly admired it. I found her book at the library and thought it very clear and aproachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment