Saturday, January 27, 2007

THE NEXT STAGE

I know I am due to post a final image of my "Dreaming" piece but, guess what, Im not finished. So as soon as I finish up those pesky final details you'll have to wait for the final product. In the mean time, I am planning again. I can't get pink out of my head and now I have another image to prove it. The image below was lit with yellow light so the color is not quite right...sorry but you probably get the idea. By the way, this is the cover or House Beautiful, I believe, and it is Marie Chantell? Something like that. Anyway, I am now thinking purpleish-pink and satiny for my next work. I have some very cool painting techniques which I think I will try out. More on that later. I also think I will be pleating and quilting this work?? Time shall tell.

As for inspiration, The Complete Book of Sewing by DK publishing is fantastic! I just want to practice everything in there. I also just received Fashions of the Gilded Age in the mail today and I have already reviewed the whole thing. Talk about pleating and ruching. Yeah! So, I have my work cut out. Now I just need to sit down with some paper and think it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment