Wednesday, January 17, 2007

TO BEAD OR NOT TO BEAD

This work has been so different from the "Smoot" painting I did previously (as seen under the embellished portrait label). I had a fairly involved plan before I started that one. This was orginally just a portrait to compliment "Smoot" as it is the same woman but a very different painting technique. It was a much more of an emotional work, never intended for embellishment. The problem is now I am hooked. I love the sparkle and the texture. Plus I love the meditative quality of stitching.

Just an FYI about labeling for those of you who are new to blogging. You can go to the right hand side and push any of the links under the category 'label' and it will bring up that style of work. So when I say you can find the painting "Smoot" you just go to labels and push embellished portrait,to see all the beading and embroidery. Or push another label to see some other style of working. IF YOU CLICK ON THE IMAGE YOU CAN SEE THE DETAILS MUCH BETTER.



I have given three images, starting from the most detailed image I can create to a shot which is a little further out but not the whole work. I am hoping you can see some progress. Please, I hope you see progress!!



Each bead is stitched on individually, as were the sequins. It has a very subtle effect but when the light catches it is is so cool!



Well, got to go. My mind is slipping as the Prednisone I am taking is slowly taking me over. Yeaks, you should read the side effects!

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for your visit, you art is intriguing and I will come back to see the piece your working on. I hope you recover quickly, xxJude x

    ReplyDelete